Sunday, January 10, 2010

Catch-22 Celebration

I hate new years. Well, I don’t hate-hate it; I just do not love the idea. See, when a new year starts, it signifies that my current age will end as well. Obviously, I do not like growing a year older. Upon reaching 18, I wanted to stop growing older. I was of legal age and let’s leave it at that. But no!

The other reason why I feel miserable on Januaries is because in the recent years, I was never able to decide on what to do for my birthday. When I was younger, bringing loot bags to school makes you an elementary god. Swimming parties and theme parks makes a kid say, “This is the best birthday ever!” Lunch and dinner with the family is a safe bet to celebrate my birthday, but then again, I have been doing that since I’ve started this whole birthday celebration thing. Not to take anything away from them because I am eternally grateful for all the parties and events held in my honor. But it has come to a point where I want to do something unique and different for my birthday.

For the coming weekend, I planned on going up to Baguio but then I realized I won’t have anyone to go up with. I’m still contemplating on whether I should travel by myself. It might actually do some good for me. Or, one of my uncles just offered a certificate for an overnight stay in one of the best resorts here in the country. But I still want to go with people in my age group. Maybe I should do something extreme to make this a memorable one.

What I really want to do though is simple. It’s so simple that it will sound really pitiful. What would really make me happy is a simple date. I just want to spend my birth day eating, hanging out and doing ordinary stuff with someone awesome. But, that’s wishful thinking. I have no one to go out with.

I swear... This will be the last year I will feel this way before and on my birthday. Next year, I’ve been in this world for a quarter of a century. That needs some serious celebrating. I will throw one of the biggest parties that I guarantee people I invite will bow down to the Party God! That is, if I do not have someone to share my birthday with someone, well, awesome! (--,)

No comments: