Sunday, August 23, 2009

July

True enough, June was but a fluke in this glorious year. July was not as worthy as the first five months of ’09 but it will do. All in all, the proper adjective for July is…bittersweet!

July 3, 2009 | Neng’s 24th at Music Match
Okay. So the King of Pop died on Neng’s real birthday but she contests that the since we are one day ahead of the Western Civilization, the world was not mourning the day she should be celebrating. Anyway, great way to kick off the month: sing, sing, and singing. Solos were performed, duets were sang, people were emotional after hearing certain tunes (LOL!) but all in all, good times! Happy Birthday and Thank You, Diana!

July 5, 2009 | Maggie’s 11th Birthday
My ultra smart and cartoon-loving cousin celebrates her 11th year on earth in a very unusual way: ice skating. Just because we love her so, the whole family gave in to her demands and there we were in SM Mall of Asia’s skating rink. But before the kids go all smooth and slippery, a hearty and another unusual lunch…at Hooter’s. Would you believe? Yes, it is possible. Well, my Ninong, Uncle and I enjoyed the meal very much. LOL! After lunch, Maggie’s plan commences. I, of course, was too chicken to step on the ice so it was Camille’s job to accompany the birthday girl whilst we stayed on the stands, waved stupidly and took pictures. I love you, Maggie. Happy Birthday!

July 7, 2009 | Pepper Lunch, Rockwell with Odette
Ever since Odette and I found out that we follow Ms. Chuvaness’ blog posts, we decided we will eat at her resto: Pepper Lunch at Rockwell. As this day was one of them rare voluntary time offs day, we felt…it’s time. The meal was pricier than your average restaurant, but, I’d definitely say it’s worth it. If only I had time and energy to write a review, Ms. Chuvaness would be proud of my pitiful attempt to praise her food spot. I found a new term of endearment for O = Honey Brown! :)))

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Did I stutter? Do you seriously want to hear my experiences or just ogle at 100 lovely ladies? Thought so.

July 12, 2009 | Iya’s 76th Birthday
We’re celebrating Iya’s birthday this year with a theme: simplicity. LOL! Last year, it was her 75th so we went all out and threw her a glamorous luncheon. The family was contented with just being together and eating great food. So long as we’re all there. Happy Birthday, Iya. Ü

July 16, 2009 | Stranded Home
My first unplanned leave of the year. To play hooky? To go meet up with friends? To go out of town? Not even close. Try being stuck at home because all exit points of Parañaque: Nichols, Bicutan, Moonwalk…all flooded. What can I do? It wasn’t my fault but the office made me feel that somehow it was. Great people, they really are.

July 17, 2009 | Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince with Talla
One of the most anticipated movies of the year, and I have a real live person to watch it with. I liked it. Piece of advice: do not watch a 2-hour and 30-min movie sitting in the front row. It’s not that I did not enjoy it, but the splitting headache afterwards begged to differ. Thank you, Maika for taking time out of your busy schedule and going with me for movie night. I kinda hoped it will be the start of many more to come.

July 18, 2009 | Lola Vir’s 90th Birthday
There was a mass before the party started and in the homily, the priest asked a series of questions. Who among here are 10-20 years of age? Then 20-30, so on and so forth. And then, only one hand was raised when he got to 90 and above. Seriously? 90 years old? I’d be thankful if I reach 40, with the rate we’re going? Lola Vir was as bubbly and strong as a 50-year-old. One can’t help but admire her outlook in life. Fun night and delicious dinner. I got to wear nice threads too. That’s always worth mentioning.

July 21-22, 2009 | Home/Sick
When it rains, it pours. After calling for work the week before, my reason for absence for this one: sickness. Finally, after weeks of preventive measures to keep myself healthy, I succumbed to a flu-like state but nothing grave. I wasn’t feverish but my joints all hurt and I had a serious cold where I was so close to throw my nose out the window. I got well, obviously, or I wouldn’t be writing this, would I? Two days of no work, sitting or lying all day in front of the TV and laptop…probably the best two days of this month!

July 25, 2009 | Accomplished Physical Exam
Before this day, it was the worst 50 days or so of the year for me. Always been vocal about hating medical and physical exams and I personally believe that they are useless. But I got by, like I always did. There’s a separate entry for this (it was that huge). Click here: ReAPEr.

July 25, 2009 | A Wedding
Somebody got hitched. Congratulations!

July 29, 2009 | Chef d’Angelo with Mamee, Neng, Zelle
Monthly thing. Dinner with Ces, Neng and Zelle at Chef d’Angelo. Zelle just left the company making me and Neng the only surviving two in this group. Godspeed to her.

July was pretty eventful. I just realized that most of I mentioned are bordering on a little off-putting to downright negative. But I survived, didn’t I? 100 Sexiest Women of 2009 more than compensated for my sickness and being stranded home. Time with family was more than enough to give me strength for my greatest fear ever. So, I must say, good times.

Shoutout of Happy Birthdays to: Iya, Maggie, Viveca, Bams, Nikka Bianca, U.Caloy, Bino, K.Winston, Kibi, Carmi, Antonella

Seventh month of the year. One more and we welcome the “-Ber” months. August promises to hold lots of parties and a sort of appetizer for the extravagant that is September. I love the number eight and August is the eighth month, which means basically nothing. But I know thy shall deliver. I should know. Why? Look how late I wrote this entry! (--,)

No comments: