Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Snape

And now this entry goes out to that other person responsible for bringing me into this world: Dad. My father is probably the kindest person I know. He may be misunderstood sometimes but he certainly has a good heart. He sacrificed a lot by being away most of the time during my childhood years in order to provide for us, which made me look up to the guy more.

Dad is a good father. He cares and he provides and for some reason, I think he really knows how to handle his fatherhood duties. I cannot recall one single instance that he scolded me or was really, really infuriated with me. We have our share of petty fights and “tampuhans” but we’re usually okay before the day ends.

Like I said before, I have reason to believe that I may have been switched in the nursery when I was born. See, Mum and Dad are both scientifically inclined. Mum’s a chemist and Dad’s a chemical engineer, while I, don’t really care much for science. In school, I was always better in my English and Arts classes. Isn’t that proof enough that I was mistakenly taken home by my parents? Haha!

He’s very likeable amidst his weird fondness of anything Tagalog (showbiz, movies, FPJ), the whole nine yards. And like a typical father, he knows his sports well. That’s what I miss nowadays: the two of us watching the games on TV, oftentimes cheering for opposing teams; stupid conversations about anything under the sun; being drinking buddies while watching lingerie fashion shows. He is a much better parent when it comes to allowing me on certain situations. He would fight for my right to party but Mum, being the law, will just overrule his case. LOL. Really makes you miss the guy.

Nowadays, I’m lucky if I get to see him twice a month. Five to six hours, already a luxury for us. He’s quite unsuccessful and is going through a hard time now and all I can do is to make him feel the best way possible during that short time we spend together; through dinners, movies, shopping, and just father-son conversations.

I had a hard time composing this entry for some reason, and I’m pretty sure you can all notice that it’s all over the place. My apologies. I love my Dad. Always have and always will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, Mum and Dad are both scientifically inclined. Mum’s a chemist and Dad’s a chemical engineer, while I, don’t really care much for science. In school, I was always better in my English and Arts classes.

Recessive gene, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Nice entry. It's okay to read even if "it's all over the place." I never was that vocal in expressing how much I love my dad, but I believe he knew how much we do, even to this day! Happy father's day to your dad and to all the fathers in the world.

B-)

--Kadz

timeenutlatte said...

Keem: I still say I was switched at birth. Hehehe!

Kads: Thanks! Wrote one for Mum so this one's for Dad naman. Oh trust me I ain't vocal with expressions of love to both of them. I dunno, I don't see it as sign of weakness but for some reason, I just won't. Anyways, indeed, Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there. (--,)