Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pussies & Bitches

In my never-ending quest to work in the advertising industry, I found another ad that tickled my funny bone and stimulated that part of my brain that is green in color. Last Sunday, I was terrorized by my college buddies for another “birthday” nightout. Saying that they went to Frolics with me as their primary reason and Sto. Nino coming only in second. You guys are seriously going to hell. And yet, I still hang out with you. Tsk tsk. Anyway, so we ended up in Metrowalk. Logic being that the spot is actually a compromise for North and South inhabitants. I don’t buy it, but I agreed anyways. After all, it’s very rare nowadays to meet up with these bozos. I brought my cam to capture our session but for some stupid reason, I left the power on while we were having dinner. The battery drained, with only one surviving shot of that night. à
Seriously, I know sex sells, but naming your pet shop like the one above may be pushing it a bit far. The thing is, kids frequent the shop to play with the cute animals and their eyes twinkle with delight upon seeing the pups and kitties. And still, one can’t help but notice the big tarpaulin hanging in the entrance of the store. I ain’t against nor I am for it. I gotta admit it’s eye-catching and it definitely raises one’s curiosity. I think it’s the perfect ad, minus the morality and ethics. For sure, lots of conservatives eyebrows are now twitching and that big vein in their foreheads are close to exploding. You people need to take it easy. It’s a good ad. It’s literal and direct. Kids, in 10 years or so, would yearn for them anyway. Hehehe. Why not start early?

This is not a paid advertisement.
(And I’ll be writing a separate entry for the events of that night with my buddies.)

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Ayos sa pangalan ah. Hehehe!

timeenutlatte said...

Benta eh. Hahahaha!