Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Scribbles I

FIVE SONGS THAT DESCRIBE TIMMY’S LIFE
January 13, 2oo7

You Don’t Know Me by Ray Charles (1962)
You give your hand to me,
And then you say, "Goodbye."

I watched you walk away,
Beside the lucky guy
Oh, you'll never ever know
The one who loved you so.
Well, you don't know me

This song was covered by hundreds of artist ever since Cindy Walker and Eddy Arnold wrote its lyrics in 1955. My favorite cover was by Jann Arden for the soundtrack of “My Best Friend’s Wedding.”

Breakout by Swing Out Sister (1986)
When situations never change
Tomorrow looks unsure

Don’t leave your destiny to chance
What are you waiting for
The time has come to make your break
Breakout

From my favorite musical duo of all-time, Breakout, methinks is their biggest hit to date. Ever since my Ninong played his SOS cassette tapes when I was but a wee child, this song is definitely included in the soundtrack of my life.

Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve (1997)
You know I can't change, I can't change
I can't change, I can't change
But I'm here in my mind
I am here in my mind

And I'm a million different people
From one day to the next
I can't change my mind

First heard this on the soundtrack of one of my all-time favorite movie, “Cruel Intentions.” It was tagged as one of the greatest indie anthems ever. The song basically how bittersweet one’s life is. And the fact that the song goes with everything makes it even cooler.

Halo by Haley James Scott (2006)
Why you think that you know me
But In your eyes
I am something above you
It's only in your mind
Only in your mind

I asked the ex to listen to this song when we broke up. It pretty much sums up what happened to us. This song was included in “One Tree Hill Vol. II: Friends with Benefits” soundtrack. Anyway, it doesn’t remind me of the ex or something, I just find it really, really soothing when I listen to it.

Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn and John (2006)
And we don't care about the young folks
Talkin' 'bout the young style
And we don't care about the old folks
Talkin' 'bout the old style too
And we don't care about their own faults
Talkin' 'bout our own style
All we care 'bout is talking
Talking only me and you

Often referred to as the whistle song, it became one of the most played tunes in TV shows, commercials, ads, and fashion shows. I first heard of it in “Gossip Girl” and it fits my “I-don’t-care” side, which people find either cool or pure arrogance. Hehehe.

These songs are not enough to really define the soundtrack of my life, but it took me a while to complete my list. Upon reading the question, I was only sure of one song and I had to really think for the other four. But all of them pretty much gives you an idea on who am I as a person. Right on!

Anyway, this is a new thing and I enjoyed it very much. No one’s to tag as this is going to be a weekly thing. So bloggers and tag-addicts our there, join the Sunday Scribble community. To know more about it, click on the logo above. Until next week, thanks, Keem.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think i will ever have the time to do. This takes a lot of thinking kasi. hehe.

timeenutlatte said...

And yet you found a way to do 'em. I've read yours. And I'm actually surprised that I'm familiar with 4 of them. Weird because I expected you to input rock-ish songs and indie specials. Hehehe. Good one.

Johann said...

This Sunday Scribbles thing sounds fun, especially when I can't think of anything to blog about. Worth a try.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

timeenutlatte said...

Johann,
Yeah, I guess you may join. I think Keem wants everyone to join anyway. Hehehe. Thanks!