Friday, March 21, 2008

A Minor Epiphany

Yesterday’s ex’s birthday. Last Saturday, she had this party and I was invited. I initially planned on going for two things: she’s my friend and her cousin’s a well-known chef. Steaks and buffet…oh gawd. Then again, I asked for my friends’ takes if should go or shouldn’t. No one said yes. It won’t look good, they said. Yes, I will make a big entrance and probably be the most popular guest that will arrive there. (I guarantee that I would’ve been) But still, there’s a reason why she’s called an “ex.” Done for, over, the end. So, I didn’t go.

Last night, I was gleeful. For three weeks, tension and coldness describes my everyday experience in the workplace; for reasons that I have no idea. Last night, finally, I got to clear things out. I thought I did something wrong or unintentionally made offense. I really believed that it was my doing. But no. T’was more personal and I left it at that. I don’t want to pry. I don’t have the right to anyway. I’m just hoping that things work out and happiness prevails. No one deserves it better.

This morning, I had a minor epiphany. I don’t think I should go through with this “new plan.” (I can almost hear Hannah’s cheers and shouts of joy) Remembering what went wrong with the past, history will most likely repeat itself if I continue with it. No, there’s no comparison. But the situation’s kinda similar. Work, work, work--why? And for what? Yes, it’ll pay off, and I’m sure it makes one happy to be productive--but me, I don’t wanna spend my young years being old. I will work but I will not push myself to the point of breaking down. And when health’s already in the equation, I say rest and relax. The world won’t end if you don’t work, well, at least, if it did end, you ain’t the reason for it. I hope.

I don’t know. I’m not saying that’s final. Hey, I still dig the plan. And that plan’s worth it. But do I risk another “irreconcilable differences” if things don’t work out? Abangan ang mga susunod na kabanata…

Image from SuckatLife.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning, I had a minor epiphany. I don’t think I should go through with this “new plan.”

Are we thinking the same person? B-)

Anonymous said...

Are we thinking the same person? B-)

You're also thinking of that person?!?! Snake!!! F.O.!!! Friendship Over!!! Wehehehehe...

On a serious note: YES..we are!

Anonymous said...

You're also thinking of that person?!?! Snake!!! F.O.!!! Friendship Over!!! Wehehehehe...

Hsss... Nyahahah.

Kimmy said...

Please enlighten me. I'm dead clueless...

timeenutlatte said...

Please enlighten me. I'm dead clueless...

Umm..from the OC Outing..I made up my mind na. I've made my choice on who to pursue. Now, I feel like movin' on na. Hehehe.

Kimmy said...

Still damn clueless.

timeenutlatte said...

Still damn clueless.

Di ba nga dalawa ang trip ko. So nakapili na ko dun sa dalawang yun. Ngayon, nararamdaman ko na parang ayoko na lang pala. Hehehe. Too complicated eh. Gugulo pa buhay ko.

Kimmy said...

Tsk, tsk. Make up your mind, boy!

timeenutlatte said...

Tsk, tsk. Make up your mind, boy!

Don't you worry...I have! (--,)