Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunday Scribbles XI

FILM: FAVORITE QUOTES
March 23, 2008

The Godfather (1972)
I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.
- Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando)

Top Gun (1986)
You can be my wingman any time.”
- Tom Kazansky (Val Kilmer)

Before Sunrise (1995)
I used to think that if none of your family or friends knew you were dead, it was like not really being dead. People can invent the best and the worst for you.”
Well, who says relationships have to last forever?”
- Celine (Julie Delpy)
Everybody's parents fucked them up. Rich kids parents gave them too much. Poor kids, not enough. You know, too much attention, not enough attention. They either left them or they stuck around and taught them the wrong things.”
- Jesse (Ethan Hawke)

Fight Club (1996)
If you woke up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?”
How much can you possibly know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?”
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
- Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt)

Cruel Intentions (1999)
Everybody loves me, and I intend to keep it that way.”
My advice is to sleep with as many people as possible.”
You were very much in love with her. And you're still in love with her. But it amused me to make you ashamed of it. You gave up on the first person you ever loved because I threatened your reputation. Don't you get it? You're just a toy, Sebastian. A little toy I like to play with. And now you've completely blown it with her. I think it's the saddest thing I've ever heard.”
- Kathryn Merteuil (Sarah Michelle Gellar)

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Yup, see, there’s a difference between “like” and “love.” Because I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack.”
- Bianca Stratford (Larisa Oleynik)

High Fidelity (2000)
What really matters is what you like and not what you are like! Books, records, films...these things matter! Call me shallow! It’s the f*cking truth! And by this measure, I was having the best date of my life!!
- Rob Gordon (John Cusack)

How to Deal (2003)
The quickest way to end a relationship with someone is to try to start one!
- Halley Marie Martin (Mandy Moore)

Love Actually (2003)
But you know the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.”
- Sam (Thomas Sangster)

Before Sunset (2004)
Memory's a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past.”
There are so many things I want to do, but I end up doing not much.
- Celine (Julie Delpy)

A Lot Like Love (2005)
There’s nothing better than a great romance…to ruin a perfectly good friendship.”
- Movie tagline

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet.”
- Jane Smith (Angelina Jolie)

Elizabethtown (2005)
I'm hard to remember, but I'm impossible to forget.”
You know, you're always trying to break up with me, and we're not even together.”
Just tell me you love me and get it over with!
I've been the substitute person my whole life. I like being alone too much. I like it that way. It's a lot less pressure.”
- Claire Colburn (Kirsten Dunst)

Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
May the Force be with you…
- Ben Kenobi (Alec Guiness)

For movies, “Before Sunrise” and “Before Sunset”, almost every dialogue is quote-worthy and so I’ma just place the links here for them words.

Kim, you were right. I did like and enjoyed this week’s edition. And frankly, my dear, the list ain’t complete. I certainly have lots of favorite movie quotes and I can’t simply just list them all here. These are just a few of what I remembered and the ones that stuck to me the most.

“You want the truth? Click the logo”

No comments: