Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday Scribbles XVII

MUSIC: Favorite lines from songs (and why).
May 4, 2008

If you're wondering what I'm asking in return, dear,
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say it's me that you'll adore,
For now and evermore
That's all, That's all.
- That’s All by Nat King Cole
My "bola," I mean, wooing song.

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special
- Creep by Radiohead
Yeah, I ain't a creep.

I'm not an actor I'm not a star
and I don't even have my own car
But I'm hoping so much you'll stay
that you will love me anyway
- The Actor by Michael Learns To Rock
Haha..I had a matinee idol "karibal."

If you should ever change your mind
I'll be there just call my name
Until then I'll be playing the waiting game
- Waiting Game by Swing Out Sister
Yep, been waiting for five years now.

I'm ready this time
I know that I'm no longer undecided
Don't wanna be a fool wondering
What might have been
- What Might Have Been by Lou Pardini
I want a certain someone to dedicate this to me.

I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
- Sugar We’re Going Down by Fall Out Boy
I just find the lines cool. (--,)

I still don't have the reason
And you don't have the time
And it really makes me wonder
If I ever gave a fuck about you
- Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
My theme song when I broke up with the ex.

I always said that I would make mistakes,
I'm only human, and that’s my saving grace,
I fall as hard as I try
So don't be blinded
See me as I really am, I have flaws and sometimes I even sin,
so pull me from that pedestal,
I don't belong there.
- Halo by Haley James Scott
What I felt when I broke up with the ex.

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows
What it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with
Make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst I'm best with you, yeah
- I’ll Be There For You by The Rembrandts
My "barkada" song.

I'm not looking for someone to talk to
I've got my friends, I'm more than O.K.
I've got more than a boy could wish for
I live my dreams but it's not all they say
- All The Love In The World by The Corrs
Such dreamy lyrics.

Well, basically, these words/lyrics tell my story. They’re included in the soundtrack of my life. I tried my best to make a tale by putting them in order but it just doesn’t work. Hehehe. But I’m sure you’ll get an idea on what my point is. I have lots more favorite lyrics from several cool songs and these are just some that I remember. This topic could go on and on so props to Kim. Good one!

Sing a song, click the logo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

- I’ll Be There For You by The Rembrandts

Batch song namin ito noong pumasok ako sa org namin nung college hehe!

timeenutlatte said...

Keem: F.R.I.E.N.D.S is the bestest TV show ever. Love the song. Too bad The Rembrandts are nowhere to be found nowadays. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

I agree! Wala talagang tatalo sa F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Drama Queen Amrie said...

All The Love In The World. shucks! I should have wrote that down too. Feeling ko ginawa para sa akin iyang kantang iyan! [Feelingera]

BTW, may i.ph blog na rin ako. Pero still loyal to blogspot. Magkaiba laman nila. Hehehe

timeenutlatte said...

Marie: Hehehe. Love the song. Like I said, such dreamy lyrics. We'll ask the siblings then. :-P

I'm not sure if I know your i.ph site. Hook me up! (--,)